Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Wasilla's Winter has Begun



Boy fall was short lived, it seems to have lasted 1 week. This is what we all woke up to this morning. I guess I can't ignore the coming of winter anylonger. So now the fun starts, back to fish tailing in the trucks, sliding to a hault at intersections, and hoping the other drivers out there will be extra cautious. When we moved out here last year we found that snowmachining is a way of transportation in this town. There is a freeway next to the highway and all the roads here are accompanied by a trail just for snowmachines. This is also the first place I've seen a row of ski-doo's, polaris's, and yamaha's parked at all the grocery stores; don't aske me where you would fit groceries on a snowmachine, but they do it somehow. I'm looking forward to seeing it all again. We are stocked with hotcocoa, studded tires, and warm clothes so I guess we're ready for it.

No comments: