Friday, July 08, 2005

At the Lake


Ok Ok, I know I emailed some of you pictures of the same thing last summer but I went to the lake tonight to let boss go swimming for a bit and saw the snowmachiner again. I don't know if its the same guy or different from the guy I took pictures of last summer but I do know its a different snowmachine. I promised somebody I'd post it.
For the rest of you who haven't seen this....
Even though jet ski's are the preferred method, you can use a snowmachine to go out on the water. As long as you don't stop it will go everywhere a jetski will. The two snowmachines I've seen, both had buoy's tied to them - that way if it stalls and sinks there's a buoy floating on the surface so they can find it again. The guy last summer said all you have to do is drain all the water out if does sink and its good to go. I was so shocked when I saw this for the first time last summer, it still blows me away.

1 comment:

Klondike Kate said...

I saw this for the first time a few years ago when we were at a church picnic at a lake. It actually made me pretty mad though because there were a few guys zipping through the shallows where bunches of kids were playing. And of course they don't/can't slow down or else lose the machine. So I kindof have a bitter taste in my mouth about the whole practice rather than the amusement it probably deserves.