Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Fostering...

We have officially transitioned from rescuing animals to rescuing Children. We finally took in our first foster children on June 19th, they're 2 boys ages 21 months old and 8 weeks old and I'm in love already. I wish I could post pictures and tell you all about them, unfortunately thats not allowed.

But I CAN tell you what I've discovered so far...
  • Pampers and all the other brands are aweful - gotta be Luvs or Huggies.
  • My house will never be as clean as I want it too.
  • To speak fluent toddlereese one must know the word "NO!"
  • I have now become one of those people you talk about in the store because of the tantrums the older one is capable of. **my personal favorite**
The older one went threw a few homes before he came to ours, I suspect he will work through some of his issues once he's had some time to adjust. In the meantime I am working at being consistent with discipline and lots of love.
Marty will be home in a couple weeks to meet them and I can't wait!
In the mean time wish me luck and come see us if you like!

5 comments:

john r mclay said...

Sounds like a good learning challenge. That's what our kids STILL are! You can call if you need to steam off.

john r mclay said...

kudos

akscotts said...

kianna - i'm so excited for you guys!! and yes - i agree, huggies are the way to go:) you and marty are going to be wonderful foster parents:) i'll pray for wisdom and patience for you guys

Jenn said...

You are going to love this! We were foster parents before Grace was born and we loved it. I totally agree with you on the Huggies...it's all we have used and you can get them at Costco in a huge box!! We are so excited for ya'll in your new adventures!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kiana, Sarah told me the news yesterday. I am happy that you are taking this on. The foster system needs more Kiana's. Anyway, when my kiddos were in Diapers way back in the stone age, HUGGIES were my favorite too. I will be keeping you in my thoughts. Hope to see you one of these years. :-(