Saturday, May 28, 2011

Denver, Colorado

We've been able to spend some time up in Denver recently.  Well, ok maybe not recently.  More like a month ago, lol.

It was a nice visit for our family.


One of the places we hit was the Denver Zoo.


We were just as thrilled with their decor as we were seeing the animals.




They had peacocks and all sorts of other fowl that were allowed to freely roam with the visitors.

They had more animals than I think we've seen in a zoo to date, so I'll skip all the many photos and just share our favorites...


Like a dog with his stick - we think chances must be good that he fetches, what do you think?


The elephants were very neat.  One came from a circus and did tricks.


This is who I think I spent the most time with.  While all the boys went to find a powder room, I sat down with a bag of popcorn and got this little fella to come pretty close.


We also took a tour of a former residence of the "Unsinkable" Molly Brown.  Interestingly we discovered her name was not Molly, nor did she ever go by it.  Just a name given by journalist.


Then of course I hit the streets...  Residential streets that is...


I love taking walks in historic neighborhoods.  It's one of my most favorite things to do.  And the best part is that it's always free, the dog is always welcome, and our whole family has a good time.














The Grant-Humphrey Mansion...
Grant-Humphreys Mansion

Grant-Humphreys Mansion

Grant-Humphreys Mansion

No comments: